Thursday, October 31, 2013

Episode 1: Introductions



How we Started Knitting
Inspired by Molly's grandmother who has been knitting all of her life, Molly knit (or tried to) her first pair of socks.  She chose a Fortissima Mexico Sock Yarn from Wisconsin Craft Market to knit them and still uses the same pattern today!

Years after enjoying her first knitting experience with her Grandma, Clare’s flatmate taught her to knit one evening in a pub. Over the following days she taught herself to purl and knit her first item from Debbie Stoller’s Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook

On the Needles
Using Rico Baby Classic dk in green twist , Clare has started a ribbed baby bonnet , has nearly finished two self designed cardigans, one in a blue tweed woll mix from her stash, and anther red using Wolle Roedl Sienna Big and is about to rip back some lace legwarmers  in Sandnes Garn Alpakka.

Molly is working on a pair of socks in festive colours using Fortissima Mexico Sock Yarn.  She is making good progress on her Woodstove Season cardigan using ggh Solitaire yarn in the colourway rosa.   Molly has almost finished dressing her daughter’s new fairy which she is excited to gift her on her 2nd birthday!

Book Review
Weekend knitting by Melanie Falik

Stash Management
We talk about our feelings toward acrylic yarns. After knitting Lena Gjerald’s beautiful Little Ivanhoe cardigan with acrylic yarn and being disappointed with the final result Clare has decided her acrylic yarn stash needs busting.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Molly and Clare, I will be a regular watcher of your podcast. I enjoyed your first episode a lot. You seem down to earth and while my children are older than yours, I still identified with you and the projects you're knitting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Molly and Clare! This was super awesome! I'll definitely be coming back for more d^_^b happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely podcast ladies. I'm so happy to have found you today. I hope that you'll keep recording, it's so pleasant to listen/watch while knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you two!! So you are in Berlin, Germany? So am I!! I'm an American living here too. I would love to get in contact with you. I'm Kimberlolly on ravelry. I also have a podcast The Giving Flower. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this podcast. I like to use up my acrylic yarns to make donation blankets. It gets the yarn out of my stash and is for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete